Darrell is Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), earning his Chartered Accountant (CA) designation in 1987. He also attained his Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation.
Since May 1995, Darrell has gained significant experience in cases involving the quantification of losses or accident benefits for insurance and Tort claims. He is experienced in advising counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants, who appreciate his well-planned and deliberate manner of work.
Darrell has experience testifying as an expert witness in Ontario Superior Court since 2011 in matters which include claims for economic loss arising from personal injury. He has also participated at FSCO mediations dealing with accident benefit matters.
Darrell co-found ADS. When not dealing with loss quantification matters, Darrell can be found hiking, travelling, and spending time with his wife and four children.
AREA OF EXPERTISE
- Economic Loss, including Pension, LTD and Future Care Cost valulations
- Income Replacement Benefits
- Partner and Shareholder Disputes
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), 2012
- Chartered Accountant (CA), 1987
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP), 2000
- Article: Analyzing Weakness in Income Loss Reports, February 2011, Claims Canada
- Article: Fighting Fraud Through Financial Documentation, February 2012, Claims Canada
- Presentation: In-house and Group Training for Insurers and Personal Injury law firms, 2010 - 2016