Michael, a co-founder of ADS Forensics, is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), Certified General Accountant (CGA), Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), and a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP).
With over 20 years in the insurance industry, Michael has handled in excess of 2,000 claims for many of Canada's largest insurers and personal injury firms. He has experience testifying as an expert witness in Ontario Superior Court and FSCO. He specializes in Accident Benefits (including Income Replacement Benefits), Economic Loss, and Business Interruption claims. Michael fosters a collaborative approach with his clientele who recognize his commitment to value-added solutions.
When not busy managing files and running ADS, a prior National Team triathlete, Michael can be found playing ultimate frisbee, cycling, and swimming.
- Economic Loss, including Fatalities, Pension, LTD and Dependency Losses
- Accident Benefits, including Income Replacement Benefits, Attendant Care, and Dependency
- Commerical Losses, including Business Interruption
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), 2016
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA), 2014
- Charter Insurance Professional (CIP), 2007
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst (CDFA), 2005
- Certified General Accountant (CGA), 2003
PUBLICATIONS, PRESENTATIONS, AND ADR APPEARANCES
- Article: Turning Risk Into Opportunity, 2010, CIAA/ACEI Claims Manual
- Presentation: Canadian Defence Lawyers - Accident Benefits - The Impact of Change (IRBs and the New SABS), 2010
- Article: Analyzing Weakness in Income Loss Reports, 2011, Claims Canada
- Article: Fighting Fraud Through Financial Documentation, 2012, Claims Canada
- Article: Against Their Better Judgement, 2012, Claims Canada
- Presentation: In-house and Group Training for Insurers and Personal Injury firms, 2011 - 2016
- Presentation: CCLA Paralegal Committee - SABS Part II, 2016
- Article: Building Up, or Tearing Down - The Three Pillars of an Income Loss, 2016, APT Law
- Presentation: OTLA / SeminarWeb - Developing the Income Loss Claim for the Self-employed Individual, 2017
- Appeared at mediations and before FSCO in matters relating to validity and quantification of claim costs for insurers and claimants